Significance of Membership....
"I belong here," and God says that believers belong together.
Hebrews 10: 23-25
You sense that God wants you here with the people of Cornerstone Mountain Assembly at this time in your Christian life, and you want to make public declaration that you are committed to God's work through this church
"I accept responsibility for how things are done here,"and God says that's how it should be.
I Corinthians 12: 20-27
Members elect deacons and approve an annual ministry budget, as well as call pastors or serve as our spiritual leaders. Every member has a say in shaping our church's direction and ministry goals.
"We share the same ministry goals,"and God Says that believers are to be committed to one another for the sake of spiritual impact
You believe that Jesus has a work to do in Grande Cache, Alberta, Canada and around the world, and you are willing to join with others to see that it gets done.
"I accept responsibility for a group of fellow believers in the family of God,"and that's God's plan as well.
Galatians 6: 1-2, 10
You want to be part of a caring network of people, sharing one another's joys and sorrows, helping one another grow through worship, Bible study and fellowship
"I am accountable to mature brothers and sisters in Christ for my walk with God." and God warns against spiritual autonomy.
Hebrews 13:17, Matthew 18: 15-20
You don't want to go it alone in standing for Jesus Christ, and want to receive the guidance, equipping and assistance necessary to remain on target..
Responsibility of Membership
- An agreement to pray for the God given vision of the church
- An agreement to serve the body of Christ in it's diversity and unity.
- An agreement to give sacrificially and cheerfully of your time, energy and resources for the kingdom.
- An agreement to build up and edify the body of Christ in word and action.
- An agreement to use your gifts and talents for the greater good of the body.
- An agreement to love, honour and cherish the family of God.
- An agreement to put your hand to the plow and not look back.
- An agreement to support and work with the elected leadership of the fellowship of C.M.A.